Switch Account

returning/recycling of old dsl modems

returning/recycling of old dsl modems

Contributor caomghin
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(9,913 Views)

i have 2 used dsl modems (westell 2200) collecting dust.

with no foreseeable need or use, what shall i do with them? it's hard getting folks to just pay postage on them, and they sit on craigslist for months.

i see you're trying to put on a green face with the "win a 2010 toyota prius" contest, but addressing the issue of your waste production offers more credibility.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Contributor HarryGondorff
Contributor
Message 2 of 4
(9,871 Views)

It would be nice if company that sold or provided electrical equipment had a recycling program.

Have you check with your local county mine has a hazards recycling which is held a number of times during the year.

It is a modest $5-10 .

Highlighted
Contributor caomghin
Contributor
Message 3 of 4
(9,855 Views)

yes, washington, dc has year-round hazardous recycling dropoff.

these are 2 working (one still in the package) dsl modems. why destroy them for little to no resource extraction when they are in perfect wortking order? materials shipped to me by verizon, but i can't mail them back?

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor III
Bronze Contributor III
Message 4 of 4
(9,802 Views)

Perhaps you can find a local school or community center in need of some spare modems.

~~ "It's not a bug. It's an undocumented feature."
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.