Switch Account

speetest

Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 1 of 6
(1,071 Views)

According to speedtest, I am slower than 94% than the norm. Seems to be a bit slow. Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
MVP Smith6612 MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6
(1,063 Views)

What sort of speed is the speed test reporting? A lot of the "Slower than..." "Faster than..." statistics on site such as speedtest.net has a very sharp curve as to how much speed it takes to change a value. When you get into the 4-5Mbbps range you'll find that a single kilobit will change that value a good amount.

Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V
Message 3 of 6
(1,058 Views)

Are you using http://www.speedtest.net/ or some other site? Also what speed are you paying for and what are you getting ? 

If a forum member gives an answer you like, please give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem. Thanks !!!
http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Fix-for-Missing-Inbox-sent-folders-etc-with-Internet-Explorer-11/m-p/647399
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 4 of 6
(1,043 Views)

Downgraded to 1.0. Modem is not happy at 1.5.  .76 and .11 consistant.

Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V
Message 5 of 6
(1,023 Views)

Ronbon it would help to see a post of your modem stats. Also do you know how far you live from the central office? If you are more than 3 miles away there is not a lot that can be done as far as I know. It would also help to know the make and  model of your modem/router and any other devices you have hooked up such as a bridged modem

If a forum member gives an answer you like, please give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem. Thanks !!!
http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Fix-for-Missing-Inbox-sent-folders-etc-with-Internet-Explorer-11/m-p/647399
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 6 of 6
(1,012 Views)
speetest

According to speedtest, I am slower than 94% than the norm. Seems to be a bit slow. Any suggestions?

Unfortunately there is no easy fix if you stay with Verizon.

I would suggest that you check out any special deals that may be available from the cable companies in your area.

It is a possibility worth considering.

Gerry

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.