tested my line so my internet still sucks
raub
Enthusiast - Level 1

my connection is testing at 4mps downloading and .5 uploading. i called for support and the tech said they said they'd have to check the line. i just got a call from the automated system saying they tested it and everything's fine so if i still have the problem (even though they didnt change anything) i should call them back. if try pressing something like 0 during the automated message it hangs up on you so don't think you're going to be clever and get to talk to somebody without calling back and going through ten minutes of menus narrarated by what sounds like the announcer on a subway, but if they were gagged first.

any chance a support person will check this and fix this for me? as i said the speed hasnt gotten better, which is to be expected since nothing was changed. i dont want to get all worked up and end up being mean to the poor indian fellow on the phone, who was really cool by the way.

Re: tested my line so my internet still sucks
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is the problem you are having with your line? Are you not getting the speed you're wanting to get or is the connection slowing down during certain times of the day? Are you having disconnects?

0 Likes
Starking
Enthusiast - Level 1

Welcome to the club. Verizon Tech Support was good when I switched from Comcast 2 years ago. It has gone down hill rapidly in the last year. False names. Refusal to listen to the problem. No idea what they are actually doing.

You may have already tried this but:

Speed Test
     Go to: speedtest.verizon.net
     At least 25/25

Optimize
     verizon.net/optimizesettings 

Of course these may not work considering have bad things have become in the past week. The strike has made their tech support worse than Comcast, and their entire system seems to be failing. I had to call Verizon 3 times this week alone. I couldn't get satisfaction from Tech Support this evening. When I requested Customer Service, I was disconnected. When I finally got Customer Service, they couldn't get through to Tech Support. I finally hung up disgusted.

Comcast may be getting a custome back.

cas1231
Enthusiast - Level 2

This past week things have been terrible for me. I had this one time before but normally it has been very good. Getting very frustrated and thinking about changing providers. Does anyone actually work at Verizon? It seems to be completely automated. Did they close and leave it on autopilot?