unable to download and install the service checkup?
liz21

hi, guys.i was having a problem sending mail so i clicked on the service checkup and it downloaded but wouldn't install. it keeps coming up with an error (no code). i chatted online with a cust. service rep. she wasn't able to help me. she advised me to call cust. service but i thought i should try this first. i have windows vista 32 (i think). we did disable the firewall, delete all cookies, delete the SSI? certificate but nothing seems to be working. i usually do not use the IE normally, i like firefox. i have been having some issues with it freezing upon me since thanksgiving (my preteen granddaughter was on line!) i am not that intelligent when it comes to networking so if anyone can helpme it would be greatly appreciated. thanks, liz21

0 Likes
Re: unable to download and install the service checkup?
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 What was the trouble with sending e-mail?

#2 Did any error messages show up when trying to send e-mail?

b) If so, what was the error (or were the error) message(s)?

0 Likes
liz21

actually, the problem is i cannot receive any emails. i did send an email and it went thru even though the OUTLOOK program told me the email was too big?  i was trying to correct it and i saw the service check so tried to download it. i am not getting any error message. to be honest i don't know how to even retrieve my messages. i normally do not use IE. i use firefox and a yahoo email.  i was having a problem on the DELL website and it told me i had to go to IE to download some things.  i am really not very good at maneuvering around the different browsers.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

If Outlook tells you that the e-mail message is to big, you do not need to download and install service checkup.

#1 I am sure that there is a limit to how big an attachment can be for an e-mail message. No said, that you can not send more e-mail messages with attachments.

As need be, do exactly that.

#2 Also I am sure that the recieving end, has a limit too to the size of attachments.

As need be, upload the attachments to a site and send them a link to them.

For example http://www.filehosting.org/

0 Likes