verizon IP blocked by utility company
cruiserad
Enthusiast - Level 1

attempted to access wasingto gas (www.washingtongas.com) site from my home computer, using both  chrome and edge. My home service is verizon high speed internet. I'm not using a proxy. I received the following error message:

Your IP has been blocked, please contact support to update your IP range if this is incorrect, Country=Russian Federation

Huh?

0 Likes
Re: verizon IP blocked by utility company
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm able to access it with Verizon FiOS in PA area. Do you have a firewall turned on? Maybe try turning it off then access site again. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Sometimes an internet provider will assign DNS that has been blocked for a myriad of reasons. Spamming, phishing, you name it. Normally it’s in blocks of addresses.

although you could try to refresh the DNS it may grab an addresses in the block list or RBL on the net. You could try calling Verizon to assign you another address.

which may function.

you could try a proxy service to see if you can reach the site. Additionally try using a cellular device to see if it can access the gas department web site. If it can then it’s the DNS that must be refreshed.

I had no problem accessing the site so it’s not Verizon Fios blocking the site.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Power Cycle your modem to see if you can pull another IP address. It's possible (but unlikely) that Verizon obtained some IP space previously used in Russia. I would definitely run MalwareBytes on your PC just to be sure that you don't have something going on...

0 Likes