verizon agent capping dsl to 5mbps when plan says 3 to 7 mbps
kathwfoz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I called in to verizon on 2/3/2015 because my computer said server not responding and I got a agent who said she needed to cap my speed at 5mbps because I was so close to the server office ( 1.36 miles) because it would be better for the network   and I needed a new router.   All in it was a terrible experience I had to speak to other agents after her.   I don't want to go into all the terrible details it was pure misery speaking to these agents.   She sent me out the same router I had only it was branded verizon  not actiontec.  It was pure hell getting it set up.     But I would like this speed cap removed.   I have spoken to verizon agents 5 out of the last 6 days.   At first billing and tech support denied that verizon would cap my speed because verizon wants  their customer to have the best experience but today I confirmed that their is a 5mbps cap but billling says tech has to remove it and tech says billing has to remove it and neither deptment will do it.   how can I get this fixed.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: verizon agent capping dsl to 5mbps when plan says 3 to 7 mbps
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi kathwfoz,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

View solution in original post

Re: verizon agent capping dsl to 5mbps when plan says 3 to 7 mbps
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi kathwfoz,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.