verizon.live.com
lakegoodwinron

My home page modules will not load anymore while using verizon.live.com. They just say loading and never change to normal condition. I have talked with Verizon support and live.com support---they are pointing the finger at each other saying it's the other support groups responsibility---thus leaving me -the customer-with no solution. It would almost be funny if it wasn't happening to me! I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling IE8 with no success. When I refresh my home page the modules temporarily load to normal condition but then switch back to loading. Very frustrating. Please help!

Still loading, Ron

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: verizon.live.com
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

The key to knowing who owns the issue is knowing who owns the page. verizon.live.com is a live.com page, meaning it is owned by Microsoft. (Just as verizon.yahoo.com is a yahoo.com page.) Ultimately the page, and the responsibility to support it, belongs to Microsoft.

A problem you may run into very soon though, is I believe that page is going away. Verizon and Microsoft are no longer partnered, and there will eventually be a push to migrate everyone onto another portal or back to VOL. Not many details available yet, but it's definitely something to watch out for!

Donald_Linbin
Contributor - Level 1

there should be no reason for you to have to loose live though, people are able to stick with msn when they chose that so there should be no worries about losing it.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@Donald_Linbin wrote:

there should be no reason for you to have to loose live though, people are able to stick with msn when they chose that so there should be no worries about losing it.

People with MSN were able to keep it because Verizon was still partnered with Microsoft, the offered product just changed to Live. Verizon and Microsoft are no longer partnered at all. MSN and Live both will be going away.

0 Likes
Donald_Linbin
Contributor - Level 1

currently there is no word about having to drop msn, not sure where you are getting the information all of the verizon and microsoft sights are still working and I have not seen anything about them being removed.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

As I said, details aren't readily available yet. Feel free to dismiss my statements as rumor, but I feel my sources are generally reliable.

0 Likes
Donald_Linbin
Contributor - Level 1

I get where you are coming from, but verizon has never forced portal updates, even when they dropped aol and then added yahoo, then msn, then dropped msn, then added aol, then added live, then dropped yahoo service, then dropped live.

Anyway that page http://verizon.live.com is up and working when I try to load it, what happens when you ping or traceroute?  You may want to renew your ip or power cycle your equipment.

0 Likes
lakegoodwinron

Thanks for the info. Ron

0 Likes
lakegoodwinron

Tried each of those. Thing is, when I refresh the home page it loads to normal for a very short time---then goes back to loading! Thanks for the ideas though. Ron

0 Likes