very slow speed
hitmehhh
Contributor - Level 1

Speed was about 1.85 Sun. evening.  webpages wouldn't load. Seems ok this morning, This was in Syracuse NY. Anyone else have this ?

0 Likes
Re: very slow speed
Joe-Lpool

I have noticed very slow FiOS Internet speed in the evenings after 5 PM, since Monday 1/21. In the early morning speed is good and fast like it's supposed to be. Opened a Verizon ticket and worked trough troubleshooting for about 2 hours. The tech recommended a new router. I received it and installed it on Sun 1/28. Same issue. Good service in the early AM, Verizon pages and email access VERY SLOW and  time-out in the evening PM hours. I'm in Liverpool just outside of Syracuse. Anyone else seeing this?

0 Likes
queenmom2

I live outside Utica.  I had the same issue last Thursday and last night.  The speed is slowing down now. The customer service I have recieved is so poor I am looking around my house for Allan Funt and Candid Camera.  They can't be serious.  I posted a facebook message from my phone and had several people reply that they were also having the same problem. Today at work I had more people stop me to tell me they had the same issue last night.  I aske to have a manager call me but as of yet no call.  They did offer to send me a new router, but since a friend of mine got a new one after last Thursday and her internet didn't work last night either, I don't think that is the problem.  How could so many of us have our routers be bad at night and work fine in the morning?  Any suggestions on how we can get through to a person with a brain?

0 Likes
hitmehhh
Contributor - Level 1

They always blame the router. I had this problem a feww months back with very slow speeds for about a week. After 3 hours on the phone with customer service, they said they would send a new router. I waited a few days no router showed up. When I called they said they had no record of me ordering another router. Luckily for me the speed picked back up  the next day.

0 Likes
ClarksonCote
Clay NY here... I had a similar tech support call the other day. They have since confirmed that there is a problem with one of their terminals in Syracuse, and are still working on it, as I just spoke with them on the phone again today. They said its one of their OC-192 circuits that I believe keeps going up and down. That's what's causing the Intermittent molasses slow Internet,

Hopefully it is resolved soon.
0 Likes