web site builder and FTP account
jonesan
Enthusiast - Level 3

What is the difference between Verizon's web site builder and using Verizon's FTP account for uploading files?

0 Likes
Re: web site builder and FTP account
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

The SiteBuilder is a tool that allows you to create a website. It is, in essence, an HTML editor. You create your page, pick the background color/image, put in your text formatted the way you want it, etc, and it does all of the coding for you.

If you are uploading via FTP, you have to use a different editor or hand-code your page to create it, depending on your preference, then upload it to Verizon's servers via FTP. (FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol.)

If you are just wanting to upload files (pictures, etc) and not create a website, then there is no real difference other than the interface.

jonesan
Enthusiast - Level 3

If I understand you correctly, the Site builder has its own built-in FTP? Is there a difference between uploading and publishing a web site?

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@jonesan wrote:

If I understand you correctly, the Site builder has its own built-in FTP?

No. It is a web based GUI (Graphical User Interface) method of building web sites.

@jonesan wrote:

Is there a difference between uploading and publishing a web site?

While the site builder runs with-in your web browser, using FTP allows any platform that supports FTP (Windows, Mac, Any distro of Unix/Linux that is on the net) to manage the site.

^^^

0 Likes
jonesan
Enthusiast - Level 3

How do I send only pictures to eBay without using FTP?

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@jonesan wrote:

How do I send only pictures to eBay without using FTP?

This will help you
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/pictures.html
^^
0 Likes