Switch Account

weird connection problem - for a week

weird connection problem - for a week

Highlighted
Contributor LMSman
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(8,324 Views)

My DSL service spontaneously went out, and has been out for a week now, despite having talked to 4 unhelpful people at tech support and gone through EVERY troubleshooting technique they have on their checklist. Needless to say, I'm extremely frustrated with Verizon.

From IE and Firefox - waiting for site to load. But the sites are found, and it seems DNS is working. 

Something I've noticed - I can't detect any WAN configuration in the modem settings.

Oh, and here's what I've tried:

- rebooting the modem (several times)

- hard resetting all modems (several times)

- tried three different modems on two computers

- logging into the modem

- confirmed all computer settings had not changed

- confirmed all modem lights were on

- confirmed my user ID in the modem profile settings

- pinged, tracert'd, DNS lookup: not only on all modems several times, but in the command prompt: and I could ping some sites

ANY other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric 

2 REPLIES 2
Contributor Johnnyrock312
Contributor
Message 2 of 3
(8,271 Views)
I am having the same problem,,, Im located in Northeast PA, it seems about every 5 min when i load a new page the connection resets and the DSl light blinks for about a min.  Tech support flushed the DNS  and everything was fine for about 10min, then it started again.
Contributor ScorpioQueen35
Contributor
Message 3 of 3
(8,229 Views)

Wow.. Mines too except that I've been dealing with this for 3 weeks now. Was told by tech support my alarm system needing a filter to resolve problem. Guess what 95 bucks later still NO CONNECTION. Changed phone wires/usb cables, etc. still nothing. I finally came to the conclusion it's the modem. It's 6 years old. I called up tech support and sure enough I need a new modem.

You may need  a new one too.  They are free of charge. So get a new one.

@LMSman wrote:

My DSL service spontaneously went out, and has been out for a week now, despite having talked to 4 unhelpful people at tech support and gone through EVERY troubleshooting technique they have on their checklist. Needless to say, I'm extremely frustrated with Verizon.

From IE and Firefox - waiting for site to load. But the sites are found, and it seems DNS is working. 

Something I've noticed - I can't detect any WAN configuration in the modem settings.

Oh, and here's what I've tried:

- rebooting the modem (several times)

- hard resetting all modems (several times)

- tried three different modems on two computers

- logging into the modem

- confirmed all computer settings had not changed

- confirmed all modem lights were on

- confirmed my user ID in the modem profile settings

- pinged, tracert'd, DNS lookup: not only on all modems several times, but in the command prompt: and I could ping some sites

ANY other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.