Over the past month, my appliance module which I use to turn on and off a pair of led fish tank hoods has been randomly showing ridiculous amounts of kilowatt usage. An average days usage is around 15 kilowatts in my house. A few days have shown the appliance module reporting to the energy reader that it is using over 400 killowatts in a day. I talked to a tech and unpaired and re-paired the appliance switch. It's still happening. Any suggestions? The device is less than a year old. Thanks, DB
Mine has done the same thing twice in th past month. After the first time I unplugged it and then reconnect it and it happened again a few days later.
What is also annoying is that it throws off the scale on the energy monitor graphs and makes it impossible to analyse your power usage day to day.
I was sent a private message that they are aware of this issue and it will fixed with a software upgrade. Fingers crossed. - DB
The Energy Monitoring is totally bogus. How Verizon can get away with charging people for this is beyond me. I've had it since last December and it has never given any sensible readings on a consistent basis. They should scrap this and discount the service accordingly.
Any update on when this is being fixed?
I got bad power readings from my appliance switch twice during December.
Mine continues to have the same problems. I continually called and they escalated me to the "top" manager. He brought the developers of the HM&C system onto the phone conference and I was assured all the problems would be resolved with an update in the next week. That was over 2 months ago.
I have since sent copies of my data showing the absurd readings on the Applicance Switch which happens about 3 times a week. Of course it throws off the total reading as well making the whole thing virtually useless. Two weeks ago I was again assured that the system would be updated that weekend correcting the problem. Nothing has changed.
I have a 2nd Appliance Switch which doesn't have the problem. So I took the troublesome one offline for a few days. All that did was shift the problem to the one remaining on line which hadn't been a problem up until then. I have also tried re-pairing the device several times. I have re-located it thinking possibly something was interfering but nothing changed.
Bottom line is they have no clue as to what the problem is or how to fix it. From my limited knowlege I think it is in how they have the web site programmed to receive the data from the individual gateway devices. They have spent so much time worrying that some one is going to buy a device elsewhere and use it on their system that they have ended up with something that is unmanageable.
I have had the system for almost a year now and tried to be patient with them. If things aren't working properly in a month or so I will take an Arbitration case or Small Claims Court action to have all my money refunded since that is our right under our contract (the manager in billing that I spoke to was unaware of that clause).
So keep pushing for a solution but if it's critical to what you are doing I wouldn't count on a solution.
The web site is supposed to be updated by the end of this week to correct the problems. It's not the first time I've been told this but hopefully they'll get it fixed.
Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.
**If someones post has helped you, please acknowledge their assistance by clicking the red thumbs up button to give them Kudos. If you are the original poster and any response gave you your answer, please mark the post that had the answer as the solution**
Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan