Re: Can I reuse the HM gear with anything else?
mld53a
Enthusiast - Level 2

Smarthings says that they plan to support cameras and their hub does support TCP/IP devices so it can be done. I will try and remember to post an update when they do. Since you can see the cameras on a web browser at their IP address, I am hoping that we don't need Verizon to get off their butt and do something. But, without giving us what we need, we can never hpe to support the additional features like the microphone.

Has anyone reviewed the terms of service with a lawyer to see if they legally have to provide this information? Just a thought.

0 Likes
d2tw4all

I'm going to look at this smartthings, but the core of my system is the thermostats, did you move yours over yet?

Tom

0 Likes
mld53a
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes. It was actually easier to move than the other devices because you can use the menu on the thermostat to unpair from Verizon and pair with Smartthings.

The functionality is a little different and I can send you screen shots if you like. They are just about to add scheduling which whould provide the same functionality as Verizon.

BTW, they can do other things like use a temperature sensor from another device in another area to control thermostat. They also can control additional devices (space heater) when tempeature drops below a threshold. They can even send you a text message when temperature is above or below a set value.

0 Likes