Gateway connection problem..
worstService1

I've had this status light blinking and not being able to connect the gateway device problem. I read several complains with same situation. This is on Verizon's end side problem. They said they need to program something with my MAC address.

BUT they said "We don't know when would be able to do that".

They have same problem very long time. How long do I need to wait and do I need call everyday?

Verizon makes me crazy.

I will not recommend Verizon service ever, NEVER!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Gateway connection problem..
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi worstService1,

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".  There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We just wanted to follow up with you since we have not heard from you. We are closing the private thread for now due to non-reply. However, if the form is completed and submitted you can reply on the public thread so we can further assist you. Thank you for being a part of Verizon and reach out to us anytime.

Thanks,

Hugo

0 Likes
clintonjmiller
Enthusiast - Level 1

How about my support case with the same issue? I'm still waiting on my gateway to be activated while my equipment gathers dust.

0 Likes
duanesutter
Enthusiast - Level 2

Reading other posts, it looks like VZ refuses to help people via the forum.

I opened the "previously owned" kit this evening and tried for three hours to connect to the gateway.  I tried two computers and had multiple failures.  The activity light keeps blinking endlessly, unless you catch it in the first minute (or less) after plugging it in. I reset the unit, still no luck.  After reading about everybody else's frustration, I don't think I'm willing to put in the time. Especially for a product that appears to have so many issues even after getting it setup.

The Quick Setup Guide also contains incorrect information.

I'm a techie, and I give this product 0 stars.

shaenn
Contributor - Level 3
Yup, setting up for the first time on a weekend is a hit or miss since tech support is only available M-F 9 to 10. It may just be that Verizon didn't add your HM&C option to your account so the gateway has no account associated to it yet.

Verizon has basically setup these forums for users to help each other. It is rare to see anyone from Verizon answer posts.
0 Likes