Goodbye HMC
techmasterflash
Contributor - Level 1

Finally made the switch over to The Vera Edge. Though the UI takes a bit of getting used, it seems very robust. The only devices I had a problem with are the Aeon Minimote and the camera (RC8021V). The camera does display video, but it always generates a credentials error because we can't get the login for the camera to set new logins. They are working on the issue with the Minimote in the next rev of the UI. It will be nice to have off the shelf Z-wave items be fully function and not just on/off. Saving $120 a year isn't that bad either. Next step is to cancel DSL when I port my home phone to Sprint.

Labels (1)
Re: Goodbye HMC
shaenn
Contributor - Level 3

Good for you! I'm not too far behind you. Maybe I can sell my  Verizon cameras to another VHM&C user through eBay of CL. Verizon sent me a letter the other day that basically told me to go pound sand and that they will never supply the camera codes.

It would be nice to have a system that works at 100% instead of the 50% Verizon gives you.

0 Likes
Re: Goodbye HMC
techmasterflash
Contributor - Level 1

I love the Vera Edge. A couple of my devices throw errors once and a while, but they work fine. A 3rd party app called VeraMate allows voice control from the phone. It's pretty slick. It also allows with the addition of an Insteon modem hooked to the USB jack the ability to use most of my x10 lamp and appliance modules I mothballed when going to HMC. I'm not sure how long I will have access tothe forum, as I have discontinued my DSL and HMC accounts a couple weeks ago. Fight the good fight folks and good luck! - Derek