Re: HM&C Camera Recordings Not Viewable
shaenn
Contributor - Level 3

Day 27 on the saved video issue.

Last on Saturday morning, it started to work. I could view all my saved videos. I only had a chance to try this on my mobile device however. Before I tried it on my desktop I rebooted my Gateway (I do this once a month to keep everything running smoothly at my end). After I rebooted, it stopped working again. So, almost a month now.

One thing I did notice when it was working though is that the time between the notification of an event (getting the email that a camera was activated) and the time until the video was available, was greatly decreased. It normally would take between 5 and 8 minutes for a video to become available. While I was able to view the videos on Saturday, that time was down to under 2 minutes.

0 Likes
HHM58
I suppose I am one of the 20 people using VHM&C and now join the ranks of those with a non-functioning gateway device. I have tried leaving it unplugged for >12 hours but no joy. I do note, however, that I cannot ping the device's IP address.

Not sure how long this has been going on. I was traveling 2 weeks ago and returned to find my FIOS was not working (which I fixed myself) and this non-functioning gateway device. And, of course, Verizon's flexible support hours (M-F and only until 10 pm ET???) are helping a lot.
0 Likes
shaenn
Contributor - Level 3

Funny how it always seems to go down when you're away. I would have been on vacation too during the full outage but had to change my plans.

0 Likes
shaenn
Contributor - Level 3

Day 28. Running out of ways to say this, FIX THE SYSTEM !

Or, Give us the camera codes and we will be on our way.

0 Likes
shaenn
Contributor - Level 3

Day 29, Guess what? If you guessed that it's still not working, you're right.

0 Likes
shaenn
Contributor - Level 3

Day 30. Late yesterday the video became viewable again for a short time. Once again I saw this on my smartphone but did not get a chance to test it on my desktop system before it stopped working again.

Let's go guys. Thirty days now and counting. Let's not put the programming dept's intern on this project.

0 Likes
nunman216
Enthusiast - Level 2
Instead of crying everyday, just cancel and move to a new company.
0 Likes
shaenn
Contributor - Level 3

Sure, no problem. As soon as I receive a check for $1,200 to $1,800 for all the equipment that I have purchased which I can't use anywhere else! Or the camera codes.

You don't think that the system should work as advertised?

You don't think I should complain when services which were promised don't work?

It doesn't bother you that Verizon advertised this service as the greatest thing since sliced bread and then dropped the service after two years?

Well maybe you have money to burn but I don't.

You may find my posts annoying but if everyone were complaining to Verizon Tech Support like I am, maybe the problems would be fixed in hours instead of days, Weeks, or MONTHS. If this were the telephone, cable, or Internet that was down for more then a day, there would be Senate hearing on the matter.

Verizon should be ashamed for the way they have handled this division.

0 Likes
nunman216
Enthusiast - Level 2
If you spent $1800 then you're either an idiot or have money to burn. Sorry but I don't feel sorry for you.
0 Likes
shaenn
Contributor - Level 3

Well, do the math (I have my equipment list posted in this tread, I think). It may not be that high but add in the time and frustration, it's a lot.

So, answer my three question and you may earn the right to tell me to go pound sand. Otherwise, don't comment.

And why do you even care? You moved all devices to IRIS and canceled your VHM&C. If I had purchased non-Verizon cameras like you did, I would have been gone long ago. You were lucky, you could move on to a different system.

0 Likes