Re: HM&C Camera Recordings Not Viewable
shaenn
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you Brittany. I just received a call from Tim at VHM&C Tech Support saying that they had found and fixed this latest issue with the app not working on IOS devices. He asked me to test it while he was on the phone to verify that the issue had been resolved. I tested the app in both Wifi and Data only mode and the app is working again in IOS.

Not bad, 24 hours down and fixed 2 hours after being reported.

One down and several to go.

Well, even a broken clock is correct twice a day, unless it's digital !

0 Likes
shaenn
Contributor - Level 3

Day 49, still no closer to getting this issue fixed. I was told that it has made it up to the VP reporting level, whatever that means. It's being blamed on faulty routers or some such crap. Go to MicroCenter and buy a new router then, just get it fixed!

0 Likes
brittany_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

Wanted to let you know that we are actively working on this problem every day and feel we are close to a resolution. One thing I can say to reassure you is that all of the other devices besides camera and a gateway will work on other ZWave control systems. It is only the cameras that are coded to our specific solution, a practice that is common industry-wide.

0 Likes
shaenn
Contributor - Level 3

That is part of the problem, all my cameras are Verizon coded cameras. If they weren't, I could use them on another system and I would be out of here in a heartbeat !

And by saying that everything accept the cameras will work on other systems, is a real cop-out. What you are saying is if I don't like the service, I can go elsewhere. Wish I could but I can't afford to lose over $1,000. If Verizon would reimburse me 1/2, just 1/2 the original value of all my Verizon coded cameras, you would never hear from me again, as far as VHM&C is concerned. I'll even take a one (1) year credit on my FIOS as payment.

Over 50 days of "working" on the problem for a company with the resources that Verizon has is a joke. This should have been fixed within hours of the issue being reported. The techs working on this and the other issues that have been occuring on the system for months, should all be fired !

0 Likes
brittany_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

Hi,

The route was fixed in the network and the recordings should be working now. We have tested it from Dallas and it works for us. A team member should also be following up to confirm that your issue is resolved.

Thanks,

Brittany

0 Likes
shaenn
Contributor - Level 3

Day 52 and yes, it appears that the problem has been solved.

Tested All Basic Features of VHM&C

• Tested in Data Only mode - IOS8 - OK
  • Tested in Airplane mode / WiFi - IOS8 - OK
  • Tested in Data / Wifi - IOS8 - OK
  • Tested on Desktop XP - IE-8 - OK (but Pan & Tilt acting very slow now)
  • Tested on Desktop XP - Chrome - V39.0 OK
  • Tested on Desktop Win7 - IE-11 - FAILED
  • Tested on Desktop Win7 - Chrome - V39.0 OK

The Win7 - IE-11  failed when I tried to view live streaming videos. I received the following error:

This content requires the latest version of the Java Plugin.
Please Download Java .

Already installed the latest version of Java?
Please enable it your browser settings.

Learn more here.

This occured even though I tested on the same computer using the Chrome browser which worked. I uninstalled Java, rebooted, reinstalled Java, rebooted, but still received the error noted above.

0 Likes