Day 31. Again the system was working late yesterday afternoon but then stopped. I did manage to try it on the desktop and while at the sametime viewing them on my smartphone. But they were not viewable on the desktop.
I have had a problem since Oct 15...System has worked fine for several years and just stopped. Tried all suggested resets but nothing seems to work. Have called Verizon several times, but have yet to speak to anyone because of the wait times..Gateway status light just blink but it appears to be communicating with the router.
Day 33. Something new today. I left on a day trip today at 11:10 am. I know the time because that was when D&W Sensor sent me an email after locking the front door. After getting on the Turnpike I get a second email at 11:27am that my Gateway has gone offline. Now because I was on the road, I did not look at my emails all day. I got home at 5:30pm. opened the door and nothing! No lights coming on automatically, no email saying the door was openned, nothing. I turn on the living room light manually (what is this, the 20th century) and start checking to see if there was a power outage (it's been quite windy here today and area outages were on the news radio), but the power had been on the whole time. Besides, I have a UPS on the Router & Gateway and also on several of the cameras. I restarted the Gateway and still nothing. About 15 minutes later I get a series of emails saying the Gateway is Up / Down / Up, but still nothing on the Smartphone or Desktop. Finally after another 10 minutes, everything came back up.
Of couse the viewing of stored video is still not working!
BeckNo, I sent you a PM with the direct number for VHM&C Support. Please everyone, if you are having an issue with your VHM&C call and report the issue. The more voices the better. DON'T LET VERIZON GET AWAY WITH THIS SHOTTY SERVICE!
Day 34. The day count was easyer last month when all I had to do was look at the date (since this started on Oct 1st). Now I have to do math, my head hurts.
Anyway, still no joy on viewing the videos.
Day 37 and we're making some progress, maybe. With my smartphone I logged on to see if the videos were working last night around 9pm, and they were. But when I got home, they weren't again. Then while I was out this morning I checked again, now they were working again. Got to the office and they weren't working again. What the heck! So I did a little more testing. I turned off the WiFi on my smartphone, the videos worked. Turned the WiFi on and they stopped. And during this whole time they did not work on my desktop computer.
So, it looks like if I'm using the Data Only mode on my smartphone, the videos work but not when using an Internet connection, WiFi or Hard Wired.
A few time only the last week or so, I've been abale to view the videos on my smartphone but I did not notice if I was on WiFi or not. I'm guessing "not". I live very close to my place of work and I'm on WiFi 90% of the time. The other 10% I'm driving and of course, not checking my smartphone. So this may have been working for a while in Data Only mode.
OK Verizon, let's make the connecting here and get it working 100%. I'm tired of doing all the diagnostics for you. That one was free. The next one comes with a bill!
Day 45: Still the videos are not viewable and now a new problem. This started happening yesterday morning. I can not access my VHM&C from any of my IOS devices. I tried rebooting the Gateway and the IOS devices, I tried logging out and back in, and I even tried deleting and reinstalling the Verizon Home Control app, none of these actions had any effect (and no, it's not the IOS, I have different versions and besides, the last update was weeks ago). I called support this morning and of course got the standard "This is the first we've heard of this issue". Well, maybe at this point that's not just a line since I would think only a handful of people still use the product.
Now when I say this, I'm not directing it at the people answering the phones at the support line, I direct it at Verizon in general. I have never in my life dealt with such an incompetent organization. Problems are left hanging for weeks or months before getting solved if they are every solved at all. Management personnel don't have the common courtesy to return calls. And a system which was promoted as the greatest thing since sliced bread is abandoned after two years with customers who spent hundreds of dollars on equipment and service fees, basically being told to go pound sand.
I apologize for the trouble you're having here. I'm trying to track someone down internally that could help with this issue and hope to resolve it quickly. So sorry for all of the frustration, but wanted you to know that we are trying to find a solution for you!