Home Monitoring Control's impending death
techmasterflash
Contributor - Level 1

Ok, you want me to buy 3rd party zwave devices that aren't completely supported by HMC? Yeah, ok......Are you high? Is there any truth to a new Verizon service that HMC subscribers can migrate over to? I might just have to go out and grab a Mi Casa Verde.

{edited for privacy}

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Home Monitoring Control's impending death
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi techmasterflash,

Please check your Private Message Inbox.  Click the envelope in the upper right portion of the forum page:  image

0 Likes
shaenn
Contributor - Level 3

"Is there any truth to a new Verizon service that HMC subscribers can migrate over to?"

I hope so because all the cameras sold for the Verizon HM&C are locked to there system. If you notice, the camera model numbers all end with a "V". I have been looking and so far have not been able to find a way to reset the cameras back to a manufactures defaults which would allow me to use them with other systems like Mi Casa Verde's VeraLite. I was hoping to make that switch from a Verizon gateway to a VeraLite. It looks like all the other Z-Wave devices I have purchased from Verizon can be used but not the cameras.

Let's Go Verizon! Either keep the current HM&C going, come up with a new systems that lets current customers use their existing devices, or give us the ability to unlock and use the devices elsewhere!

0 Likes
techmasterflash
Contributor - Level 1

Yes, the cameras won't work with VERA. Vera works with IP cameras that don’t require ActiveX or a Java Applet and it must support MJPEG protocol. The IP camera must be able to snap a still picture using the standard picture format (JPEG).

I hope we here something soon.

0 Likes