IP Camera reflashed and works perfectly - finally!
TommyRox
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was able to reflash the camera where you use it on other controllers as well has log in to it - PM me for the info

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: IP Camera reflashed and works perfectly - finally!
DWBIArch

Would appreciate any / all info on "flashing" / reprogramming an IP camera for use with FIOS Home Control.

I have a "LifeShield" branded camera attached to my network that looks absolutley identical to the one I got from Verizon but Home Control "Add Device" does not see / recognize it.

Thanks

0 Likes
mrpervis
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would love to have admin access to my cameras! How can I PM you?

0 Likes
tomtom989898
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anybody have any info on this since this will no longer be officially supported?  I really just want the administrator control so I can statically assign IP addresses.

0 Likes
TommyRox
Enthusiast - Level 3
You cannot add a non-Verizon zwave device to the Verizon Home Controller...they locked it down and no way to reflash you're non Verizon camera unfortunately that I've found.
0 Likes
tomtom989898
Enthusiast - Level 2

I currently have a verizon camera, and since they are no longer supporting it, I want to move it over to ispy or something similar.  Do you still have that image and how to do it on hand?

0 Likes
shaenn
Contributor - Level 3

TommyRox, in your first post you stated that you had found a way to reset the cameras, didthat work or not?

0 Likes
TommyRox
Enthusiast - Level 3
Been a while but yea
0 Likes
shaenn
Contributor - Level 3

Unfortunately, the username "administrator" with a blank password did not work on any of my camera.

0 Likes
shaenn
Contributor - Level 3

I spoke with a gentleman from Verizon late yesterday and asked about getting the info for accessing the cameras. He said that under no circumstances would Verizon release the information.

So, I guess we are all "attached to another object by an inclined plane, wrapped helically around an axis". 

0 Likes