Re: Is Verizon closing the HM&C division? - Sure Looks Like It
shaenn
Contributor - Level 3

There is a way to "Flash" the settings back to the factory defaults. This would allow you to reuse the cameras. The instructions are on the Vera forum I believe.

0 Likes
richm20
Enthusiast - Level 3

The firmware link is old. I can't find the firmware anywhere! Sucks! I have 3 indoor and one pan/tilt that will be totally useless.

0 Likes
Re: Is Verizon closing the HM&C division?
shaenn
Contributor - Level 3
I'll see if I can find the link and send it to you in a private message. Can't post it here because Verizon will delete it.
0 Likes
shaenn
Contributor - Level 3
Lupus could also contact the original manufacture for the instructions.
0 Likes
richm20
Enthusiast - Level 3

Would be great if you can find it, i had no luck at all.

As far as the OEM, Sercomm offers no firmware at this time. Not that I can find anyway.

0 Likes
shaenn
Contributor - Level 3

Someone on the VeraLite forum may have it still. Post a request over there.

0 Likes
lbennett1

Hello, I am selling my entire system: gateway device, pin pad for the front door, indoor camera, pan camera, and outdoor camera. If you are interested, email me{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
watice
Enthusiast - Level 3

@shaenn - 

Have you had any success linking any of the Verizon issued devices to the VeraLite? If so, which ones? Any details you can provide to help get this thing hacked together? This seems like a fun weekend project. Would it be against the forum rules to post links to exact threads detailing how to connect these things together? Advise via PM if nessesary.

@richm20 - 

Can you explain what you mean by not reusable? I've been using the indoor cams as a video source for a while now, as portable wireless cameras with ManyCam. Can you elaborate on what you're trying to accomplish exactly? Maybe someone can help you find an alternative way to get around your port problem. 

0 Likes
kelly1
Contributor - Level 1
Just great! This is the perfect time to find this out! I have a neighbor who is harassing us and recording us! Since we live in a one party state, we are recording him as well, but if the service is going, what are we supposed to do? We live in an apartment complex. Does anyone know of a security company or something that I can plug in and set up on my own, in an apartment? We need one camera for the hallway, one for the apartment and preferably the light control. This really stinks!!!!
0 Likes
shaenn
Contributor - Level 3

You can't purchase the Verizon system anymore but it is still working if you currently have it. If you don't have anything yet, I would suggest you look into using MiCassaVerde. If I could I would switch to that system. A lot more options then VHM&C.

Or switch phone companies. most of the others are now offering some type on HM&C. It amazes me that as all these other phone companies are just now starting to offer HM&C, Verizion decides to drop their service. Way to go Verizon.

0 Likes