Light Module does not show up in "My Devices"
Goran4
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello!

I have successfully been able to register an Indoor Camera, a Remote, and an Indoor Light Module.  However, once I paired and named the Indoor Light Module, it does not register in the "My Devices" list.  The "My Devices" list continues to say "Device has been shipped. Setup Device. Indoor Light Module."

Oddly enough, I can see in the Activity Log where I have paired the Light Module, and also the instances where I have unpaired it and paired it up again.  I have done this several times.  I have paired it with the Remote, and also by locating it directly by the Gateway Device and using it.  But, no success in registering as a device under "My Devices."

Since the device does not show up in "My Devices," I cannot control it, or setup any modes to control it with my remote.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Best regards,

Goran

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Light Module does not show up in "My Devices"
HMCGuy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think you will want to call 800-837-4966 and select Home Monitoring and Control tech support, it sounds like that light module needs to be provisioned to your account (they won't show up on the site as paired if not provisioned to your account) or possibly replaced. The tech will try to help you pair it and if still unsuccessful then either escalate your case so that provisioning can be checked or replace the unit for you if it is determined that it is defective. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
HMCGuy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think you will want to call 800-837-4966 and select Home Monitoring and Control tech support, it sounds like that light module needs to be provisioned to your account (they won't show up on the site as paired if not provisioned to your account) or possibly replaced. The tech will try to help you pair it and if still unsuccessful then either escalate your case so that provisioning can be checked or replace the unit for you if it is determined that it is defective. 

0 Likes
Goran4
Enthusiast - Level 3

HMCGuy,

Thanks for the response.  I called them up and unlike what I've read in other posts, the technical support was very helpful and the person I talked with was American.

We went though the setup routines again, which I think they are required to do in order to escalate the call to the next level.  He said that someone from "tier 3" will return my call within 1 business day.  We ended the call.

3 minutes later he called me back, and said that he had talked with his supervisor, and that it sounded like a defective unit.  We took care of ordering a replacement unit over the phone.  I will get the unit early next week.

Overall, a very pleasant experience.

0 Likes