Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

Spare Parts

Highlighted
Silver Contributor I
Silver Contributor I

Spare Parts

Message 1 of 4
(961 Views)

Anyone know where I can get some spare parts? I'm missing some power cords and mounting brackets after a recent move.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Gold Contributor II
Gold Contributor II

Re: Spare Parts

Message 2 of 4
(937 Views)

For power cords try a computer or TV repair shop.  They probably have lots of them laying around.  You can buy them new from Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy, etc.  But they will cost a lot more, especially if you pay shipping.

For mounting brackets, try a google search with the equipment name and mounting brackets as key words. You might get lucky.  

Highlighted
Silver Contributor I
Silver Contributor I

Message 3 of 4
(919 Views)
Well, I was really hoping to get the part from either Verizon or the original manufacturer of the Outdoor Camera.
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 4
(907 Views)

I have searched high and low for the 10 foot 5VDC power cord that came with the initial setup.  I called Verizon and they told me it was a packaging mistake since it's not supposed to be in the kit.  Even the instructions mention attaching the extension if required.  Lo and behold, my neighbor orders a kit, and the same "packaging mistake" is included in the kit.  I ordered a second camera... no 10 foot cord.  I tried the Radio Shacks, Amazon, eBay... you name it, I probably searched it.  Any 5VDC cord I found did not match the connectors.  How do they expect you to mount a camera near the ceiling with such a short power cord?  You can have a maximum of 15 feet for a 5V DC cord without having a bad voltage drop.  I called their support line, and they were so rude it was unreal.  One guy didn't even believe me that I had the cord.  Very disappointed.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.