Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

Trane Thermostat - Notifications?

techmasterflash
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Trane Thermostat - Notifications?

Message 1 of 6
(1,597 Views)

Greetings,

I have my new thermostat installed. Took a bit of work connecting and tracing the common wire that wasn't in use, but I found it. Does anyone have a thermostat running and have the ability to recieve notifications (i.e. if someone manually adjusts the heat). Verizon's competition notes that their Trane thermostats have this ability. Let me know. Thanks, Derek

5 REPLIES 5
PMD
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Re: Trane Thermostat - Notifications?

Message 2 of 6
(1,580 Views)
Derek Mine is running and works exactly as noted. I can adjust it from my phone (using Verizon Home Control App) or via my computer using the Verizon web site. Neat stuff.
techmasterflash
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 3 of 6
(1,566 Views)

Yes, but does it email you if someone adjusts the thermostat manually?

PMD
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Message 4 of 6
(1,553 Views)
I don't see a way to have a notification sent if it is manually adjusted but possibly it will do that. I run mine on a programmed schedule and it does show notifications when the schedule changes. It doesn't send me an email though and I'd have to sign onto the Verizon web site to see that. With the other devices you can create modes and have notifications sent via email but the thermostat can't do that as far as I can see. I'm still somewhat new to this so maybe someone else will offer a solution.
techmasterflash
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 5 of 6
(1,550 Views)

I wanted to see if I could get that answer here, as the Verizon Rep had no idea. This same thermostat when paired with Nexia home (formerly Schlage Link) does indeed send email if a program is changed at the thermostat. It's probably a feature that can be added throught the Verizon Portal if they had to.

PMD
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Message 6 of 6
(1,543 Views)

I had pretty good luck calling the 800#. I used it about 5 times and of that 4 of them were very knowlegeable. One time I got a person who didn't have a clue so I just said thank you and called back. 

Good luck going forward. I'm still pleased with the system for the cost. I think they have a few things to smooth out and I hope they will do that. Judging by some of the messages on here it sounds like many people have had problems.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title