Trane Thermostat - Notifications?
techmasterflash
Contributor - Level 1

Greetings,

I have my new thermostat installed. Took a bit of work connecting and tracing the common wire that wasn't in use, but I found it. Does anyone have a thermostat running and have the ability to recieve notifications (i.e. if someone manually adjusts the heat). Verizon's competition notes that their Trane thermostats have this ability. Let me know. Thanks, Derek

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Trane Thermostat - Notifications?
PMD3
Contributor - Level 1
Derek Mine is running and works exactly as noted. I can adjust it from my phone (using Verizon Home Control App) or via my computer using the Verizon web site. Neat stuff.
0 Likes
techmasterflash
Contributor - Level 1

Yes, but does it email you if someone adjusts the thermostat manually?

0 Likes
PMD3
Contributor - Level 1
I don't see a way to have a notification sent if it is manually adjusted but possibly it will do that. I run mine on a programmed schedule and it does show notifications when the schedule changes. It doesn't send me an email though and I'd have to sign onto the Verizon web site to see that. With the other devices you can create modes and have notifications sent via email but the thermostat can't do that as far as I can see. I'm still somewhat new to this so maybe someone else will offer a solution.
0 Likes
techmasterflash
Contributor - Level 1

I wanted to see if I could get that answer here, as the Verizon Rep had no idea. This same thermostat when paired with Nexia home (formerly Schlage Link) does indeed send email if a program is changed at the thermostat. It's probably a feature that can be added throught the Verizon Portal if they had to.

0 Likes
PMD3
Contributor - Level 1

I had pretty good luck calling the 800#. I used it about 5 times and of that 4 of them were very knowlegeable. One time I got a person who didn't have a clue so I just said thank you and called back. 

Good luck going forward. I'm still pleased with the system for the cost. I think they have a few things to smooth out and I hope they will do that. Judging by some of the messages on here it sounds like many people have had problems.

0 Likes