Trane Thermostats syncing wrong time
d2tw4all

So I finally hooked up my verizon acquired trane thermostats (2 of them) and no matter what I set the time to on the devices, they reset to what appears to be GMT within a short time of my setting them manually on each thermosts.  They are BOTH doing it, so I know it's something centrally programming the time on them.  I see no way of setting a time here online, and there is no time settings for the gateway that I can find, so I'm at a loss as to where they are getting their time from.  PLEASE HELP, I can't use any of the energy saving scheduling features until the time is working properly!!!

Tom

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Trane Thermostats syncing wrong time
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

My random guess is the thermostats are queering an internet time server.  There are many time servers available including ones from NIST and Microsoft.  You may need to set the time zone on the thermostats so they can properly adjust GMT to your local time.

You may be able to get a better answer by reading the documenation for your thermostats or contacting Trane support.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
d2tw4all

From what I can see on these trane units, there are no settings for NTP or time zone, just time/date settings.  Something is definitely setting the time on BOTH of them.  Guess I'll call Verizon.

Tom

0 Likes
d2tw4all

I called support today, and the person I finally got with the home monitoring support group actually seemed to know right away, says that there must be an invalid zip code stored on the server for my account, and apparently it automatically bases time settings on your zip code.  He submitted a ticket to have it fixed, said it might take a couple days.  Hopefully it works out.

Tom

0 Likes
shaenn
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks Tom, it is always helpful when the solution is posted here instead of Verizon pointing the customer to a PM.

I hope that will resolve your issue.

0 Likes
d2tw4all

Yep I feel the same way, I'll post when it's finally fixed, no word as of yet and the times are still wrong...

Tom

0 Likes
d2tw4all

So it's been a month and it's NOT fixed and Verizon support has never called me back.  I'm ordering a home controller today and pulling the ripcord on verizon.  Clearly they have no interest in supporting this cancelled solution.  If I didn't like FioS internet so much, I'll pull the plug on Verizon.

Tom

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi d2tw4all,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

d2tw4all

We haven't had a response from you in the Private Support Case despite multiple requests for more information from you. As we won't be able to help without that information, we have closed your Private Support Case. If you still need assistance please make a new post.

-Adam_VZ

0 Likes
shaenn
Contributor - Level 3
You know, Verizon could really looks like superstars if when a customer reports an issue like this, they then call the customer directly. I mean it's not like you don't have their phone number. Then post the results here, so we all can benefit.
0 Likes