Trying to shop for Verizon Home Control...can't find the link
kelly1
Contributor - Level 1

I was looking to add another camera and the remote control that shows up on the screen when I first set up my recording mode for my current camera.  The thing is, I can't seem to find the link.  I looked under SHOP, which is at the top of the page and there is no link to the equipment.  I tried a Google Search and again...there is nothing.  Did Verizon stop selling the equipment?  If so, how do I get a hold of another camera and that remote control?  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Trying to shop for Verizon Home Control...can't find the link
shaenn
Contributor - Level 3

Do you currently have a working VHM&C system? If so then you can get remote from z-wave dot com, look under their "Remotes" section. The one Verizon sold is the Aeon Labs Minimote remote. Cameras will be harder to find. I don't know if non-Verizon cameras will work on the Verizon controler. Most Z-Wave products will work on any Z-Wave system. But Verizon LOCKED their cameras so they can't be used on other systems because Verizon won't release the username & password for the cameras.

If you only have the basic VHM&C system (starter kit), GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN. The controler box and cameras can not be used on other systems but the rest can. Don't buy any more Verizon camers!

If, like me, you have a lot invested in the Verizon cameras (I have 11), and you need more, look on eBay and Craig's List. That is where I got most of mine.

There is one on Philadelphia Craig's List right now with 5 cameras and a bunch of other stuff for $300.

0 Likes
kelly1
Contributor - Level 1

Yes I do, but now the videos are not even coming up for me.  It hasn't recorded anything since last night apparently.  I'm going to see if I have to many recordings saved, but is there an issue going on with it?  And thank you for the information about the cameras.

0 Likes
shaenn
Contributor - Level 3

The controler should be rebooted every now and than. That may be the problem you are having. I reboot mine once a month.

0 Likes