how to log into the cameras?
xbure9x1

i know if you type in the cameras ip adress you can view the camera and get a link for administration.  how do you log in to that administration page, ie what is the user name and password?

also, can these cameras be used standalone without using the verizon service?  IE, can I keep the cameras and cancel the 9.99 per month monitoring fee, if I can manage the cameras myself?  as an addition to this, if this can be done, how would you set these up to view the video on the web from somewhere other than your home?  thank you

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: how to log into the cameras?
autobot1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't think Verizon will release the username and password to the camera administration to prevent people from doing what you want to do.

Even if you have the username / password, I would imagine there is a hefty equipment charge if you don't return the camera, which will make it cheaper to just buy a camera in retail stores.

cherylhandy

How is it that you don't get access to the camera through the administrator link? It seems to me that since you purchase the equipment not rent it or lease it like the standard top boxes and the router. I bought the starter kit and pay a monthly fee for the service so unless your renting or leasing the equipment there would be no reason why you can't or shouldn't have access. I don't have the log on info for either of the camera's I have bought and was very curious about the same thing "where I get or find it, and why it wasn't with my kit that was mailed with all the equipment I purchased"?

@autobot wrote:

I don't think Verizon will release the username and password to the camera administration to prevent people from doing what you want to do.

Even if you have the username / password, I would imagine there is a hefty equipment charge if you don't return the camera, which will make it cheaper to just buy a camera in retail stores.

0 Likes
staycalm1

You don't need the administrator password to use the camera, just the right software to point to it remotely. if you want to add security to it then call the vendor not verizon and they can provide the default username and password. so you can save the 9.99 a month. also there was only a one time charge for the camera when you got it, there is no charge if you don't sent it back cause it's yours. but if you try to enable the service again verizon will charge you for new equipment.

0 Likes