new to home monitoring
TexasGrrl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just got the equipment and can't log in or find the home monitoring option on my account.  I've been reading this board and I'm worried this isn't going to be the cool stuff I thought it would be. 

I'm stuck at the "Sign in with your primary ID" screen - I've gone so far as to tell it I forgot it and then got logged in but I don't see the home monitoring option.  Any tips?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: new to home monitoring
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@TexasGrrl wrote:

Just got the equipment and can't log in or find the home monitoring option on my account.  I've been reading this board and I'm worried this isn't going to be the cool stuff I thought it would be. 

I'm stuck at the "Sign in with your primary ID" screen - I've gone so far as to tell it I forgot it and then got logged in but I don't see the home monitoring option.  Any tips?

Hello,

If you are on the main site (verizon.com), after signing in with your user id and password, 

1) from the 'Home' page/tab (highlighted in blue on the left hand side), in the middle section below 'Your Services' click on 'Home Monitoring Control' - 'Manage My Services' - 'My Home Monitoring Control' - click on the 'Launch Now' button to get to the HMC page.

OR

2) from the 'My Services' page/tab, click on 'Home Monitoring & Control' (highlighted in blue on the left hand side), in the middle section below 'Your Services' click on 'Home Monitoring Control' - 'Manage My Services' - 'My Home Monitoring Control' - click on the 'Launch Now' button to get to the HMC page.

OR if all you need to do is view/access your HMC devices, then you can directly go this link:

www.verizon.com/homecontrol

On your FiOS TV, you can view/access your device as well:

from the FiOS TV Remote, click on 'Menu' -- 'Home Control'.

Do post back if you have any other questions.

0 Likes
TexasGrrl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've cleared my cache and when I follow this instruction:

If you are on the main site (verizon.com), after signing in with your user id and password,

1) from the 'Home' page/tab (highlighted in blue on the left hand side), in the middle section below 'Your Services' click on 'Home Monitoring Control' - 'Manage My Services' - 'My Home Monitoring Control' - click on the 'Launch Now' button to get to the HMC page.

I do not see Home Monitoring Control listed under my services

0 Likes
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@TexasGrrl wrote:

I've cleared my cache and when I follow this instruction:

I do not see Home Monitoring Control listed under my services

Hello,

Have you tried going directly to the HMC site?  

www.verizon.com/homecontrol

0 Likes
TexasGrrl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, and I get the error --

We're sorry, you must use your account’s Primary User ID to access Verizon Home Monitoring and Control.

Sign in with your primary User ID

I called tech support and they told me that the User ID I am using is my Primary User ID.

0 Likes
Drumbalaya

I had this EXACT problem yesterday and they fixed it.  Boy, was it confusing.  It turned out I never had a verizon.net email address assigned to my account.  Before FiOS, I was just a phone customer and set up an online account to pay bills, etc.  Then, I moved and got FiOS and used the same online account.  They think the problem is I had a usename that wasn't linked to a verizon.net email.  Apparently, the full username is supposed to be userID@verizon.net.  Mine was just userID.

So, eventually, they set up a new online account for me that used the corrent kind of userID.  Once they did that, I could finally see Home Monitoring under My Services and log into the Home Monitoring web site.

Don't know if that is your problem.

Good Luck

0 Likes