ActionRec Question-Again...Sorry
CaptainRon1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an ActionTec Rev. C modem, that I thought worked pretty well...I just upgraded to 75/35 and getting

good speeds, however my Wifi is in the range of 17/12 two feet away..Is there a firmware to upgrade say to Ver. F...?? Woould  it help...??

One more..!!  Is the FiOS GigE Wireless "N" Router   the only other alternantive...tho I have head mixed reviews regarding distance from is quite limited...Any assistance would be appreciative...

Capn

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: ActionRec Question-Again...Sorry
CaptainRon1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tech Support sent me a new Router (GiGE Wireless)...overnight......My wireless is smoking now....35/15...50 feet away ......

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: ActionTec Question - Other Network Possibilities
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

CaptainRon wrote:

... Is the FiOS GigE Wireless "N" Router   the only other alternantive...tho I have head mixed reviews regarding distance from is quite limited...Any assistance would be appreciative...

There are several other possibilities.  Check out this thread and the accompanying links for a few ideas:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/New-Customer-disabling-wireless-on-standard-Fios-Router-t...

0 Likes
CaptainRon1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Im not sure what  that thread had to do with my question....but thanks

0 Likes
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@CaptainRon wrote:

Im not sure what  that thread had to do with my question....but thanks

You asked:

"Is the FiOS GigE Wireless "N" Router the only other alternantive... "

In the thread I provided, there are essentially countless alternatives (if you take the time to actually read the thread and follow the associated links).  Hope that clears things up a bit, and you're quite welcome.

0 Likes
CaptainRon1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tech Support sent me a new Router (GiGE Wireless)...overnight......My wireless is smoking now....35/15...50 feet away ......

0 Likes
HomeGrown203
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the F and am getting the same speed.  I guess there is no need to upgrade to the I.

You have 75/35 also?

0 Likes