Connect Brother 2270dw printer by MAC address
AlexC3

Hi all,

I have a brother 2270dw printer that I used to connect wirelessly to the internet with my Comcast router in the following way.

I would log into the router at 192.168.1.1, and insert the printer's MAC address (which I have). Then I would have the printer make itself discoverable for 5 minutes and the printer would give me a PIN code. I would take the PIN code to the router at 192.168.1.1 and essentially add the MAC address + PIN combo.

Now, how can I do exactly that with a Verzion FIOS Actiontec router (the latest generation I guess since it was just installed one week ago)?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Alex

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Connect Brother 2270dw printer by MAC address
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking to other customers here.

I've found the Brother installer software works quite well at getting their printers connected to WiFi.  You do need to connect the printer by USB or wired Ethernet first, but once configured they work like a champ.

If you don't want to use the Brother software, the printer should have a configuration web page.  Again, you'll need to connect it to wired Ethernet.  Then, determine what IP address is has been assigned by the router, either by having it print a status page or checking the router's web status page.  Then, visit that IP address through a web browser.  You should be able to find a configuration page where you can scan for and join WiFi networks.

Note that once the printer joins a WiFi network, the wired Ethernet port will disconnect.  You'll want to remove the Ethernet cable when this happens.

If the printer doesn't connect via Ethernet, you may need to reset it's network card settings.  On my older Brother printer, there is a separate reset button for the network interface.  Check your printer documentation to find out how your model works.

Good Luck.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking to other customers here.

I've found the Brother installer software works quite well at getting their printers connected to WiFi.  You do need to connect the printer by USB or wired Ethernet first, but once configured they work like a champ.

If you don't want to use the Brother software, the printer should have a configuration web page.  Again, you'll need to connect it to wired Ethernet.  Then, determine what IP address is has been assigned by the router, either by having it print a status page or checking the router's web status page.  Then, visit that IP address through a web browser.  You should be able to find a configuration page where you can scan for and join WiFi networks.

Note that once the printer joins a WiFi network, the wired Ethernet port will disconnect.  You'll want to remove the Ethernet cable when this happens.

If the printer doesn't connect via Ethernet, you may need to reset it's network card settings.  On my older Brother printer, there is a separate reset button for the network interface.  Check your printer documentation to find out how your model works.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
AlexC3

Thank you.

I managed to solve my problem.

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Cool.

Are there any details worth sharing about your solution in case others run into a similar problem?

Enjoy.

0 Likes