Gateway Ports
kpcarroll
Enthusiast - Level 1

To connect a Panasonic Blu Ray player to my wireless network successfully, I was told to open ports 48705, 80 & 443.

Can I do this myself?  How?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Gateway Ports
tns
Master - Level 2

@kpcarroll wrote:

To connect a Panasonic Blu Ray player to my wireless network successfully, I was told to open ports 48705, 80 & 443.

Can I do this myself?  How?

You can but you really shouldn't have to do anything to get your Panasonic working.

The ports 80 and 443 are commonly used for websites.  They are not blocked for outgoing and not used as incoming by the panasonic.

If you left the default security on your Verizon router then UPnP is on, and the Panasonic will open the port 48705 if it needs it.

0 Likes
Re: Gateway Ports
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I agree, it shouldn't really need ports to be opened, but if you really need to open ports, then just go to www.simpleportforwarding.com and download their free product.

You just need your router IP address, which is 192.168.1.1

you need your username which is admin

and you need your password which is the serial number found on the bottom of the router.  it IS case sensitive, and found under the UPC bar code.,

after you do that, you just enter in the port information and the ip address of your device, and it will auto configure those ports for you. 

0 Likes