Intermittent limited access wifi issues, "WIFI DOESN'T HAVE VALID IP CONFIGURATION"
michaelriordan23

WIFI working great, then multiple times a day all the sudden I get the yellow triangle that says limited access on all my computers.   I troubleshoot the issue and it always seems like I get the follow error code.

WIFI DOESN'T HAVE VALID IP CONFIGURATION

Sometimes I get Default Getway not working

Relatively new model modem (month +old) purchased via the fios site to upgrade.

Did full reboots, resets, changed network name, changed channels of wifi.  This will get me up and running for a bit, then the dreaded yellow box appears with exlamaition point telling me I am limited access again.  I can hardwire in with ethernet cord so the internet works.

Last time I called technical support they changed the channel and said if happens again a network technicial will be asked to look at it.  This is what I did last time myself to get it up and running, so I am certain this issue will repear shortly.   Any sharp guys out there have any ideas?  I cant afford to be without internet and have drops 5-6 times a day where i try to do resets to patchwork fix it.    I almost am willing to buy a new router and see if that fixes it on own.   I do not feel like im getting the proper technical support on the phone, which is understandable as you have to weed people out.

Anyone have any ideas for permanant fixes or is it probably a router issue that would need to be replaced or swapped out? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Intermittent limited access wifi issues, "WIFI DOESN'T HAVE VALID IP CONFIGURATION"
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

I point to

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/Why-your-Wi-Fi-is-slow/td-p/534451

which should help with the wireless issue(s) that you are having.

If not, please post.

Re: Intermittent limited access wifi issues, "WIFI DOESN'T HAVE VALID IP CONFIGURATION"
MelissaL1980

i am having the same problem although i can not fix it AT ALL! But it is only with 1 of my laptops, my laptop, the one verizon helped me setup is fine, then i set up my sons Xbox & ipos touch & those are fine, now i am setting up the 2nd laptop and i get a "limited" access why is this? why is it only 1 laptop but everything else works? I am not very knowledgable w/ this stuff, i can do basic thing on  internet. PLEASE can someone, anyone help, but I need like step by step instructions if possible because I am very confused!!!!! PLEASE HELP!

0 Likes