Need Help Connecting Blue Ray Player to Network
ksternberg
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently got an LG Blue Ray player that can also stream Netflix, which is what I'm looking to do. Using the player's setup dialogue, I can't get it to connect to my home network. I have it connected to the set top box via an ethernet cable. Does anyone know the secret? I would be very grateful.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Need Help Connecting Blue Ray Player to Network
tns
Master - Level 2

Should be a trivial connection if you have'nt made changes to your router to restrict things.  You didn't mention what blu-ray player, but you should just have to tell it to use a wired connection.

0 Likes
Re: Need Help Connecting Blu Ray Player to Network
ksternberg
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry. It's an LG player, model BP 220. I'm not aware of any restrictions from the router. And the only option I see available for hooking up the LG is as a hard wired connection using an ethernet cable between the player and the set top box. Is this incorreect. I thought that once I did this the player would be able to automatically connect. A wired connection is the only option available with this model player.

Another thought is that the problem is with LG products. I've read a lot of threads saying how other makes of players connect fine. Thoughts?

0 Likes