Network Camera Installation
bhelland1

I have installed a Panasonic BL-C210 Network Camera and can view the picture on my home network. However, I cannot view over the internet using the Panasonic viewnetcam.com website. When I attempt to go to the URL, a Verizon admin page pops up. Do I need to change router settings?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Network Camera Installation
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is the brand and model of your router?

0 Likes
bhelland1

My router is an Actiontec MI424-WR

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ok.

#1 In the router go to Advanced -> Universal Plug and Play OR to Advanced -> UPnP (which ever exist in the router)

#2 If you do not have at least two special computers that support UPnP where you can not define the ports that they use, turn off Universal Plug and Play (UPnP).

A perfect example. At least two game consoles. Any two (Two Xboxes, two Playstations, One Xbox and one Playstation).

#3 In the router go to Advanced -> IP Address Distribution OR to Advanced -> Private LAN (which ever exist in the router)

#4 If the Starting IP Address is 192.168.1.2 and the Ending IP Address is 192.168.1.254, change the Starting IP Address so that it is 192.168.1.99

#5 On the Panasonic BL-C210 setup a Static IP that is between 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.99

#6 On the Panasonic BL-C210 set it to use another port other than port 80.

From the manaul/user's guide..

Under [Internet Connection], enter the port number to be assigned to the camera.
The default port number is 80, however, note that some ISPs do not allow access from the Internet using port 80.
Do not use the following port numbers:
20 and 21: used for FTP
23: used for Telnet
25: used for SMTP
53: used for DNS
110: used for POP3
443: used for HTTPS
4000: used for ICQ
6661–6667: used for IRC
If you are connecting multiple cameras and plan on using port forwarding to allow Internet access to the cameras, assign a different port number to each camera. We recommend using port numbers in the 50000–50050 range.

#7 In the router forward to the IP Address that you setup on the Panasonic BL-C210.

#8 If you don't know how to forward for your router, see the guides at http://portforward.com/

0 Likes
bhelland1

One more silly question. How do I get "in the router"?

0 Likes
barnbiketom
Enthusiast - Level 3

that's not a silly question.. but this shouldn't be this hard huh?? why??

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@bhelland1 wrote:

One more silly question. How do I get "in the router"?

By following the guide(s) on portforward.com

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@barnbiketom wrote:

that's not a silly question.. but this shouldn't be this hard huh?? why??

#1 These boards are where users help other users (peer to peer) .

#2 All users have a life offline.

0 Likes
maybelle4
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do you get "in the Router"?  I have similar issue.  I put router ip in browser and a Verizon page came up that asked for user id and password. 

barnbiketom
Enthusiast - Level 3

try "admin" for ID

then "password" for the password.. tha's all I cn help tho.. all the othersettings i m lost