Trying to get Motorolla Gateway to work with Verizon DSL
bobru
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am trying to get a MOtorola 3347/57-02 10na to work with my Verizon DSL. When I log into the Motorolla gateway, it hangs up trying to find the WAN connection type. I have changed the VPI to O and VCI to 35 manually; but I still can't get into the gateway to set my security. I am connected to the internet via the manual connection I used to use with my old modem; however, the internet light on the Motorolla is red. Any ideas??

I have tried using the In Home Agent to log into the Motorolla Gateway page; but it is telling me the login failed when I type in the username and password for the page.

Labels (1)
Re: Trying to get Motorolla Gateway to work with Verizon DSL
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The VPI/VCI Settings are correct. Do you know if your area uses PPPoE or DHCP to obtain IP information from Verizon? You may have to configure the modem manually for one of those methods. If your area is a PPPoE area, you will need to log in using your Verizon Username and Password, though in most areas any combination of User/Pass will work. If your area is using DHCP (most of which were sold to Frontier, though), you will need to leave your old modem offline for a few hours (preferably overnight) for your new Motorola Gateway to obtain an IP address. That, or you have to clone the Westell's MAC address into the Motorola.

If that isn't your issue, you may need to check to see if the Motorola modem allows you to change the Encapsulation used for the Virtual Circuit. Verizon uses LLC, not VCMUX. You might also want to make sure the Motorola modem actually has DSL Sync. On most modems, the DSL light will be solid if it has obtained sync.

0 Likes