What does "inactive" mean in the network management console
11D_Universe1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've got several wireless PCs connected to the wireless router.  Several of them say "active", some others say "inactive".  What does inactive mean?   I can't see the inactive ones on the network - but i can see the network from the ones who are inactive...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What does "inactive" mean in the network management console
Mistaya
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the same thing in my networking section. I believe it tmeans those devices are off or asleep, hibernating. My nooks show inactive because they are off i believe. I was in networking tonight because I was trying to figure out why my Ipad wont stay connected to the internet and I notice it also had my Iphone inactive. I had it locked and I guess you can say asleep.I noticed after I unlocked it which also brings it up it took a minute but then it showed active. Now I have to hope that what I did will keep my Ipad connected It is a new router they sent so it was set at a default of 5 devices and we have more than that so I maxed it out. Anyway I believe it just means those devices are down in some form. If I am wrong hopefully someone will post. I noticed when I came her with my issue yours had been here a few days with out an answer.

0 Likes