Wifi Password, With ipod Touch
btpbtk
Enthusiast - Level 1

I Just Got A ipod Touch, & I Need A Password For The Wifi, I was Wondering If I Could Use It From My Internet I have With The Computer, The wifi That Shows Up Is NetGear And Itasnaim33 And Their Both Locked. I Was Wondering How To Find The Passwords Or How I Can Get My ipod Connected To Wifi With My Home internet.

I Have A westell 6100 modem

Someoneeee Pleaseeee Helpppp!

Labels (1)
Re: Wifi Password, With ipod Touch
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the only thing you have is a Westell 6100, you'll need a router to share the connection between your PC and the iPod. You can get any wireless router out there, just make sure it supports WPA2 security. When you receive the router, the best method to setting up the router and modem is to bridge your DSL modem. This prevents some funny situations from occurring that might result from having two routers on your network (the 6100 modem does have a rotuer in it, even though it is a wired unit) and also takes one piece of equipment out of the mix for networking. Once the modem is bridged, setting up the router to use PPPoE and then use WPA2 security on the Wireless by either using your Web Browser or by using the router's setup CD will get it working.

The last step is to of course connect your iPod Touch to the router you've purchased. You do that using the WPA2 key you set.

0 Likes