Switch Account

Windows 7 Easy Connect MI424WR Problem

Windows 7 Easy Connect MI424WR Problem

Contributor DCRody81
Contributor
Message 1 of 1
(4,910 Views)

Hello,

I am having problems with Windows 7 Remote Assistance Easy Connect.  When I try to connect on my desktop or laptop PC, it tells me that it can't connect to the Global Peer-to-Peer Network.  I have read previous message boards, and it seems like the problem is tied to the PNRP.  I have Verizon FIOS, and I have an Actiontec MI424WR Revision I router.

I have isolated the problem to the router and not the connecting devices because I have taken the laptop to my friend's house, and I can start Easy Connect with no problem.  (He has a different ISP and router model.)  I have tried completely turning off my router's firewall, as well as trying to enable IPv6, and it does not seem to make a difference.

To make matters worse, I am virtually certain I was able to use Easy Connect as recently as five months ago.  I am not sure if Verizon made a change with a firmware upgrade or a security change on their servers, but this is incredibly frustrating.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Dan

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.