Wireless connection issues
willjl0
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a wireless printer on my network.  Any wired comptures connected to the FIOS router can successfuly print and ping the wireless printer.  Any wireless laptops can not.

If I switch any of the wired laptops over to a wireless connection, then I can not ping the printer or connect to it.

All the wireless devices can ping the router, and are on the same subnet as the wireless printer and wired comptuers.

The router is a Actiontec MI424-WR RevD.  Firmware 4.0.16.1.56.0.10.14.4.

On one of the wireless laptops having the problem, I've tried the following which yielded no success:

-disabling the firewall

-uninstalling the wireless adapater, reconnecting to the wireless network

-swaping the network type connection in w7 from 'home' to 'work' and back again

-disabling off ipv6

On the wireless laptop having the issue, I'm able to connect to network shares on other wired computers without any issues.

and last but not least...  IGMP Proxy is disabled....

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wireless connection issues
Hammerhead641
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has this problem been resolved? I have the same issue.

Hubrisnxs
Legend

@willjl0 wrote:

I have a wireless printer on my network.  Any wired comptures connected to the FIOS router can successfuly print and ping the wireless printer.  Any wireless laptops can not.

If I switch any of the wired laptops over to a wireless connection, then I can not ping the printer or connect to it.

All the wireless devices can ping the router, and are on the same subnet as the wireless printer and wired comptuers.

The router is a Actiontec MI424-WR RevD.  Firmware 4.0.16.1.56.0.10.14.4.

On one of the wireless laptops having the problem, I've tried the following which yielded no success:

-disabling the firewall

-uninstalling the wireless adapater, reconnecting to the wireless network

-swaping the network type connection in w7 from 'home' to 'work' and back again

-disabling off ipv6

On the wireless laptop having the issue, I'm able to connect to network shares on other wired computers without any issues.

and last but not least...  IGMP Proxy is disabled....

What IP Address did your printer get?  

0 Likes
willjl0
Enthusiast - Level 1

All wired, wireless, and the printer are on the same subnet, /24

0 Likes
willjl0
Enthusiast - Level 1

All the devices get thier ip addresses from the DHCP service on the router.  Nothing is manually configured or static.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

well your printer has a good ip address then, can you ping that ip from your machine?

Did you check your firewall and did you enable print sharing?

0 Likes
willjl0
Enthusiast - Level 1

Those questions are addressed in my orginal post. 

Print sharing in Windows?  It's a network pritner with its own IP. 

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

what's the brand and model of that printer.    Most people don't have many if any problems connecting network printers to that router. 

0 Likes
willjl0
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's an cannon mx340.  The strange part is I can print/ping if it's a wired connection to the router.. I'm stumped..

0 Likes