Wireless password
dke2

How can I set up a password on my Westell Versalink model 327W from verizon? It seems that our wireless signal is being highjacked and we are charged with copyright infringement. I have looked at the model 327W manual on line - it is huge and intimidating. The unit has never had a password.  Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wireless password
starrin
Contributor - Level 3

Yes, you do have a password. It is set up by default if nothing else.  Sounds more like you have your network security turned off.

You do need to read the manual.  You can download it to a CD, take it to Kinkos and have them print it, if that will help.

Printing it in black and white is cheaper.

This might help

http://www22.verizon.com/support/residential/internet/highspeedinternet/networking/setup/questionsth...

In addition, Google is your friend.  Try something like:  network security Verizon 327W

We have no idea what devices you have on your network.  Remember that as you change network security, you will change the ability for each of those devices to connect to your network.  It's what keeps out the bad guys.  But, it can also keep out the good guys. Keep track of where your networkand devices are now, And then make sure they all agree as you move along.

0 Likes
Re: Wireless password
Hubrisnxs
Legend

How can I change my wireless network to WPA2 or WPA encryption?

Verizon recommends using the strongest network encryption compatible with your network devices. In most cases, that is WPA2 encryption. However, you will notice some of the older devices below may not be compatible with WPA2 encryption. In those instances, WPA is the preferred encryption because it is still stronger than WEP.

For step-by-step instructions for upgrading your network security, select the router or gateway you are using and the type of encryption you prefer.

Dlink Image

D-Link 2750B Gateway 
Change to WPA or WPA2 encryption

Actiontec Image
Actiontec GT784WNV
Change to WPA or WPA2 encryption

VersaLink 7500 Gateway
Actiontec GT704WGB gateway
Westell VersaLink 7500 Gateway
Change to WPA2 encryption
Change to WPA encryption2VerVe
Actiontec GT704WGB gateway
Change to WPA2 encryption
Change to WPA encryption2 Ver
Figure depicting the Actiontec GT704WG routerFigure depicting the Westell VersaLink 327W gateway
Actiontec GT704WG gateway
Change to WPA encryption

Westell VersaLink 327W gateway
Change to WPA encryption
Ve
Figure depicting the Linksys routerFigure depicting Verizon One
Linksys BEFW1154 router
Not compatible with WPAVersa
Verizon One
Change to WPA encryption
 VersaLink 7500 4532

0 Likes