Anonymous Call Rejection not working
jss9669
Contributor - Level 1

I have anonymous call rejection on my phone, but it doesn't seem to work.  Several times a day I get a call that shows up as "Not_Available" "Unknown Number."

Is anyone else experiencing this?

0 Likes
Re: Anonymous Call Rejection not working
prisaz
Legend

@jss9669 wrote:

I have anonymous call rejection on my phone, but it doesn't seem to work.  Several times a day I get a call that shows up as "Not_Available" "Unknown Number."

Is anyone else experiencing this?

I used the search feature at the top of this page, searched for for anonymous call rejection, and found the following.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?location=Board%3AHome_Phone&q=Anonymous+C...

Many questions may have been discussed before, and this is a very helpful feature in the community. I hope this information helps.

0 Likes
JRTEMT
Contributor - Level 2

YES, the past few months I have experience many more calls from tele-marketers, timeshare resellers and small business vendors offering their services, Although I am registered with the National Do Not Call Registry, they still try to call me at my residential phone all hours of the day.  

I depend upon my home phone provider to offer the feature of 'anonymous call rejection' and have entered the *77 to block them

but

this feature is not working as advertised.

Enhancement request, stop sending through calls where CallerID 'Not_Available'. I have no way of knowing whom is calling, nor do I have a way to report a complaint since I cannot identify the company or phone number calling me. Cannot see a call log of incoming calls either.

0 Likes
ralphie22

This feature is not working for my account.

0 Likes
mike19691
Contributor - Level 1

Anonymous call rejection cannot block calls that are Unknown, Unavailable, Out of Area, Not Known, etc. These calls can only be SCREENED and only with an optional feature Call Intercept. Anonymous call rejection cannot block calls where no caller id information is sent. The ONLY calls ACR can block are the ones where the caller ID information is available, but the caller has chosen to block it from appearing on your caller ID display by dialing *67 before they called you. These are the calls that would come up as Private, Anonymous, Restricted, etc., and these are the only types of calls ACR can block.

0 Likes
TOSK1
Enthusiast - Level 3

EXACTLY!

I have a way to report a complaint since I cannot identify the company or phone number calling me. Cannot see a call log of incoming calls either.

0 Likes
njrook

anonymous call rejection not working

0 Likes
solarain
Enthusiast - Level 2

I turned on *77 (call rejection function) and am still getting calls from:

Name: "Private"

Number: "Private"

I thought that this function would block calls from folks who intentionally block their numbers??

Is there something else I can do to block these unwanted calls?

Thanks!!

0 Likes
Sanskrit2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not working for me either. Verizon needs to reconfigure the software they use to manage anonymous call rejection so it includes all types of calls, including those marked as "unknown".

0 Likes
Sanskrit2
Enthusiast - Level 2

This seems to be a major failing of the Verizon offering. If they dont fix it soon i am considering setting up an Asterix PBX. This is freeware, i am not hawking for them. anyone have any experience with it?

http://www.asterisk.org/

0 Likes