Call Block not working anymore on certain number.
cmill2

I have call blocking feature activated in my verizon account, I have had the number blocked for weeks, It has been working fine for a while (checking the numbers in the incoming log occaisionally, seeing it there and the number never actually made it through.) Now it seems the very same number is now somehow making it through (for 2 weeks now), I've deleted it and re-blocked it thinking a glitch was in the system, still no go. They called twice today and for the past 2 weeks. It's this number.  Some say it's verizon. http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-516-570-9228 No one ever speaks, or I hear background noises of languages I don't understand (if it is indeed verizon, shame on you.)

EDIT: It's blocking other numbers fine.

0 Likes
Re: Call Block not working anymore on certain number.
njpsychdr

This number is a robotic phone dialer that apparently is able to get through most types of call blocking, as it does not really tell what typew of call it is making to the phone's servers.

The number is a telemarketing firm in Nassau County section of New Yorkm but is company headquarters are located on Long Island.  ZN01   refers to the fact that it is also used as an access number for foreign phone cards to get USA phone numbers dialed without charge, so it could be very likely that the number is mistakenly dialing a number or series of numbers based on what was entered by the source phone in the country that the card was issued.

In any instance, there is really nothing you can do except just to let it ring until it times out.

0 Likes
Re: Call Block not working anymore on certain number.
PJL
Master - Level 3

Blame the telemarkets who are spoofing caller ID and breaking the law.

0 Likes