Caller ID on TV if you have Distinctive Ring
Not applicable

Caller ID works on my phone.  When I go to FIOS TV to setup CallerID to display on my TV it tells me caller ID is not activated n my phone.  When I finally got to tech support they told me that Caller ID would not display on my TV because I have Distinctive Ring Service and when someone has Distinctive Ring Service they cannot display Caller ID  on their FIOS TV.  The odd thing is that among the many things that were messed up with my FIOS order they never turned on distinctive ring.  In fact if I call the Distinctive Ring # a message is played back that the phone # has been disconnected (which they promise they are fixing.

So I have to wonder.  How can a Distinctive Ring number interfere with ability to display caller ID on the FIOS TV when the number has been disconnected.  Anyone have a similar issue?  You would think that Verizon to figure out how to get these features to work together.

0 Likes
Re: Caller ID on TV if you have Distinctive Ring
Hubo_VZ
Contributor - Level 2

Hello,

Unfortunately those two features together are incompatible with our architecture, however if your distinctive ring has never worked and it is not associated with your account we can see if you do qualify for the caller ID TV feature.  I have sent you a private message in regards to this matter; please get back with us as soon as you can.

Thanks,

VZ_Hubo

Re: Caller ID on TV if you have Distinctive Ring
Not applicable

It is associated with my account and I am being billed for it but it never worked since the day I switched to FIOS.  I called sales and asked them to put the copper back and then they got me to speak with Trevor in support after I explained to him what Distinctive Ring is and what it is used for he said he saw it on my account and it would be working within 24 hours.  That was 3 days ago.  This can't be that tough.  curious that it is not supported - can't imagine what the issue is.  If you have 2 separate phone lines coming into the same address I understand that only one of those lines can be associated with the TV but at least you get 1 in that scenario.  Not quite "state of the art" technology or architecture from my perspective.

Also, as a suggestion you folks should add FIOS to your spell check dictionary.  Kinda funny that the spell checker suggests that FIOS should be spelled  FIBS

0 Likes