Caller ID
Bonzie

I recently changed my residential phone from a land line to Verizon digital phone.  Now I am totally FIOS.  All is okay, except for caller ID.  Only "Incoming Call" is displayed on my home phone.  I worked with Verizon support by telephone (my account has caller ID activated) for an hour and, based upon advice from support, brought the wireless box to the local Verizon store for a technical inspection.  All is okay.  Caller ID worked when I had a landline.  The local Verizon store advised me to bring the box back again if it still didn't work, which I will do.  Any ideas before I bring the box back?  My telephone is a Motorola Model L404C.  Thanks.  

0 Likes
Re: Caller ID
irbrenda
Contributor - Level 1

I have Caller Name Announce on my telephones.  Since I just switched to Digital Voice, my phones no longer display the caller's name and it now announces the telephone numbers only.  Before switching to DV, my phones would announce the caller's name.  The callers now show up as "Unavailable" or "Out of Area".....which is odd because the "out of area" calls are all in my same area code.  And so it's annoying not to hear or see their names displayed anymore.  Something got messed up.

0 Likes
Bonzie

I worked with Motorola support and re-booted my phone--still didn't work.  I guess I will be going back to the Verizon store with the wireless box.  I can't think of anything else to do.

0 Likes
Bonzie

After eight visits to the local Verizon wireless store and a new wireless box, the store manager is sending a tech team to our house on Monday.  Let's see if they can resolve the issue of no caller ID.  Not being a techie, I've also learned that the wireless system doesn't support faxing.

0 Likes