Calls between landline service and cell service
Sharon011

If this question is not appropriate, please delete.  My question is:  I have landline service.  I receive a call from a cell phone.  I am not home so my message unit records the message from the cell phone caller.  The cell phone caller leaves me his cell phone number and requests that I return his call.  How can I detect if the cell phone number is a long distant call for me or it is a local call?

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Calls between landline service and cell service
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

The only way to easily see is to dial it without area code. If it lets you call it without the area code, its a local number. If not, then its a long distance call.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

The only way to easily see is to dial it without area code. If it lets you call it without the area code, its a local number. If not, then its a long distance call.

0 Likes
Sharon011

Thank you for your reply.  What you indicated makes sense.  I was really looking for a way that I could detect long distance without having to dial.  Your reply is a very good common sense reply.  I thought Verizon would have a stated "instruction" that everyone could follow.

Thank you very much.

0 Likes