Change or block Caller ID name display on FIOS phone
adc11

Is there a way to change or block the Called ID name display shown when I call another phone?  I have two FIOS locations, one for me and one for a relative.  

For me, I don't want my name displayed, but I don't want to block caller id either, it's ok to show just my number.  

For my relative, I certainly don't want my name displayed everywhere they call, either show just the number, or change it to show my relative's name.  

This is a huge privacy issue, how can you not be able to control whether or not your name gets broadcast out there anywhere you make a call???

0 Likes
Re: Change or block Caller ID name display on FIOS phone
ohpoleez
Contributor - Level 2

What is displayed is the account holders name.  You would have to call the orders department to change it to block it copmpletely.  

0 Likes
Grip3

Just put a *67 in front of the number you are dialing....The party you called will not see your number..They will see  "restricted". 

0 Likes
nancyanne2

don't want a temperary solution.  Want to permanently block out going caller ID

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@nancyanne wrote:

don't want a temperary solution.  Want to permanently block out going caller ID

Request all call blocking (also called Complete Blocking).  Callerid is then blocked except for certain calls (800, 877, and 900 numbers and 911 calls).  Then when you call a number that you want to send the callerid you have to use *82 to  turn it on for that call. 

note for Fios Digital Voice.

Using Caller ID Block Permanently For All of Your Calls There are two ways you can disable Caller ID to permanently prevent your Caller ID information from displaying to the person you are calling.

1. Lift your phone's handset and listen for the dial tone.

2. Press *31
    When you hear the confirmation tone, dial the number of the person you are calling.

OR

1. Sign in to your FiOS® Digital Voice Account Manager.

2. Click Calling Features on the left.

3. Click the Outgoing Caller ID Block tab to open it.

4. Click Activate Outgoing Caller ID Block.
    This will prevent your Caller ID information from displaying on other phones.

Restoring Caller ID You can use Caller ID Restore to cancel Caller ID Block on a per-call basis. This will allow your name and number to display on the Caller ID equipment of the person you are calling for one call only.

1. Lift your phone's handset and listen for the dial tone.

2. Press *82 and wait for the confirmation tone.

3. Dial the number of the person you are calling.

You can reestablish Caller ID so that it shows your name and number for every call.

1. Lift your phone's handset and listen for dial tone.

2. Press *32.

OR

1. Sign in to your FiOS Digital Voice Account Manager.

2. Click Calling Features on the left.

3. Click the Outgoing Caller ID Block tab to open it.

4. Click Stop Outgoing Caller ID Block.
0 Likes
proudpoppa

Has the way to block outgoing Caller ID to a specific number been changed or has the feature been eliminated?

When I dial *31, I hear a rapid busy signal. This doesn't sound like a confirmation tone. Dialing the phone number after *31 has no effect. The busy signal just keeps on going.

I tried the online option, but there seems to be a problem with the web site. Verizon Digital Voice Manager (https://www36.verizon.com/fiosvoice/) looks promising until I log in. After I log in it takes me to a page which is just a single-page advertisement for the service, with no links at all. 

0 Likes
proudpoppa

Answering my own question above...

It seems like the service to block caller ID to a specific number is no longer available. It is not mentioned in the 2012 FiOS Voice User Guide. According to the guide, pressing *31 now blocks caller ID for all calls you make.

This is from page 11 of the 2012 FiOS User Guide (http://www36.verizon.com/fiosvoice/userguide/User_Guide.pdf

Edited to fix link.

0 Likes