Continually Receiving Unwanted Phone Calls from Universal Survey
shburks

Can anyone tell me how to make these calls stop?  We are constantly getting phone calls from Universal Survey at 646-467-6665.  If I call them, it's a recording only that says they are a survey company.  They are calling at all hours of the day and night...called at 10:30 pm on Monday.

Is there some way to block this number?  Ignoring doesn't work, asking them to remove me doesn't work, they don't fall under the DoNotCallList...I don't know what to do.

0 Likes
Re: Continually Receiving Unwanted Phone Calls from Universal Survey
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Verizon offers call blocking services, but if that is from outside your local calling area, it may not block it.  Do you have Regular copper phone service, fios?  or even fios digital voice?

here is their call block feature for regular fios and copper pots (regular phone line)

If you have Fios Digital Voice then make sure to click on the link that says 

Call Block

You can use Call Block to automatically block incoming calls using a screening list that you create. Call Block will reject calls from phone numbers that match those on your Call Block list. Your Call Block list is limited to either 6 or 12 numbers, depending on your region.

When a blocked caller reaches your telephone number, they will hear a recording saying you are not presently accepting calls. You can temporarily deactivate Call Block or change your Call Block list at any time.

Calls made to you from outside your local calling area, through operator assistance, or from cell phones and some business phones cannot be blocked.

All calling features are subject to availability and compatibility restrictions.

Instructions for FiOS Digital Voice Calling Features

Learn more

0 Likes
shburks

I have VIOS bundled with cable and computer--but not voice mail.  I'll try following the info in your link to see what it says.

0 Likes
Miriam5

I have no way of knowing if the person calling is from Universal Survey.  All I can tell you about the party in question is that after many calls that I did not want, I asked the caller to please remove me from his/her calling list.  Their apologies followed but not their calling, only now they let my phone ring apparently calculating that my answering machine will not pick up and subsequently hang up.

It looks like my only way to go now is to set up a Blocker for that number.  Please tell me how to do this.  I tried on my own and got nowhere fast. 

Miriam

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes