ESBI Charges
JoeNagle
Enthusiast - Level 3
I have my bill paid automatically from my checking account.The last few months I have not checked the receipt when it came. Today I opened the envelope to look at the receipt.There was a $13.21 charge to ESBI. I called them and was told that I asked for their service online. I told the person that I didn't want their service. He said there would be no more charges to my account from ESBI and I would receive a credit for the last payment. After I hung up with them I called Verizon and told them the story. They said the problem would be taken care of. Well I just went to my account and the charge is still there. And there is no credit to my account! Has any one else had this problem with ESBI? Thanks!
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: ESBI fraudulant Charges
JoeNagle
Enthusiast - Level 3

The ESBI charges have been removed from my phone bill. But I'm still going to file a complaint against them and try to get my past payments to them refunded back to me!

My Verizon Email Welcome   Date Dec 09 2008 12:37PM From rmccw@verizon.com Subject Re: Verizon.com Consumer email response (KMM2101314I14071L0KM) To  Message

Your online bill is like a paper bill, it updates only once per month.
If the charges are still reflected on your next months bill, we will be
happy to assist further. However any changes would not be reflected on
your account until your new bill is generated. I apologize for any
inconvenience.

Sincerely,
John
Verizon ePay
Message Edited by JoeNagle on 12-16-2008 01:29 PM
Message Edited by JoeNagle on 12-16-2008 01:30 PM

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: ESBI Charges
Justin46
Legend

Here is a link to a Federal Trade Commission (FTC) page concerning ESBI and others: http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2001/08/billing3.shtm. The page is dated 2001 so it may be way out of date. There is a phone number there to call for further info: (202) 326-3060; I have no idea whether it is still active or not.

You might also Google for ESBI, you will get lots of hits about their fraudulent practices.

Keller, TX

0 Likes
JoeNagle
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for your help. The FTC has a complaint form here!

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

0 Likes
ChevyDav

Way to go Verizon!  The FTC took these clowns to court in 2001 (case #01-1660) to stop these fraudulant charges.  Yet here they are again! I found them billing me $14.26 as well, since July08. It amazes me how some company can come along and just tag a charge on my phone without any proof of a transaction or account number!  Or an address!  Someone explain to me how this is legal? 

I just sent the FTC my complaint as well as the Attorney General in RI.  I've included Verizon in the complaint since they make these fraudulant scams possible in the first place!  We'll see what happens now. 

BTW, I checked this companies web site. www.billview.com/esbi  No address, No phone, No names, nothing but a couple of sentences.  Must be a couple of criminals running out of their prison cells?  They want all kinds of info from you on their customer service page though, I think not! 

I'm beyond PO'd about this crap!

Dave

12/2008

0 Likes
JoeNagle
Enthusiast - Level 3

The ESBI charges have been removed from my phone bill. But I'm still going to file a complaint against them and try to get my past payments to them refunded back to me!

My Verizon Email Welcome   Date Dec 09 2008 12:37PM From rmccw@verizon.com Subject Re: Verizon.com Consumer email response (KMM2101314I14071L0KM) To  Message

Your online bill is like a paper bill, it updates only once per month.
If the charges are still reflected on your next months bill, we will be
happy to assist further. However any changes would not be reflected on
your account until your new bill is generated. I apologize for any
inconvenience.

Sincerely,
John
Verizon ePay
Message Edited by JoeNagle on 12-16-2008 01:29 PM
Message Edited by JoeNagle on 12-16-2008 01:30 PM
0 Likes
lilsis

i have had this problem also,how long is anyones guess.i didnt notice for awhile that this company and 2-3 others had been billing me for services i didnt want or need.

verizon said not thier problem!so i called companies and fought with them.then reported back to verizon to now fix my account ect.

well this was months ago and i had to be out of town for this time.so i check my bills and they are on it again or still?

sick of this to the point i will cut off my service!verizon needs to get on the ball.i have good mind to see if news station is interested in this!

0 Likes
JoeNagle
Enthusiast - Level 3
If you are not getting  getting any of the companies to remove their charges from your bill, threaten to contact your state office of consumer protection. Then if the charges don't start coming off, call your state's consumer protection office!
0 Likes