Home Voice Mail message switch
oldnews1

My voicemail works perfectly until I go out of town and check my messages from my cell phone.   On two occasions recently (the last two trips I've taken out of town) at some point the answering message on my machine switches to the remote access message.  Thus callers are asked to call back and leave another message.  Apparently the recording function does work on caling back, but few people bother.  Thus I get a lot of indications that people have called and no messages. 

In both cases, it took 4 or 5 days for Verizon to correct this. 

Has anyone else had this problem consistently? 

If there is a Verizon tech on this forum, what explains this?  I understand a glitch once in a while, but not the same glitch multiple times.  Is it the circuit?  Is it something I'm doing? 

(I do not see any listings on the home voicemail forum for this issue since 2009, but apparently few people bother to use this forum.  It is such a pain to even get into it, with all the multiple screens, multiple sign-ins, multiple user names and passwords.  It is almost worse than trying to reach Verizon support by phone! 

Meanwhile, since the problem has now apparently been "fixed", I plan to test it by calling in frequently from my cell to retrieve messages over the next few days.  Will report back the results.   And will appreciate hearing others' experience.

0 Likes
Re: Home Voice Mail message switch
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

This is not a common problem. I have not heard of others experiencing this. If it is not corrected, please send me a private message.

0 Likes
Re: Home Voice Mail message switch
vms_dude
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can you explain a little bit further what this sentence means...

"at some point the answering message on my machine switches to the remote access message"

0 Likes