How to Activate/deactivate call forwarding on my home phone via my online account
dghost

Please provide screen steps to get to call forwarding actions as described in subject line.

0 Likes
Re: How to Activate/deactivate call forwarding on my home phone via my online account
Hubrisnxs
Legend

This can only be done with Verizon's Premium Fios Digital Voice System.

If you can log in at www.verizon.com/fiosvoice then you can forward your calls.

Finish the quick set up wizard (only two questions you need to answer) and then you will find the feature for forwarding calls on the left under the menu item call forwarding. below are the instructions

Call Forwarding

Call Forwarding sends your calls to another phone number. The number can be local, long distance, or a mobile phone. You can activate, deactivate, and change your forwarding number at anytime, from your home phone.

Calls forwarded with this service are subject to local or toll charges. If your line is toll restricted, you cannot forward your call to a toll number.

You can make outgoing calls while Call Forwarding is activated.

All calling features are subject to availability and compatibility restrictions.

Instructions for FiOS Digital Voice Calling Features 

if you can't log into that website above then you have to do it the old fashioned way.

1. Lift your telephone's receiver and listen for a dial tone.

2. Press *72.
    In some areas you must use 72#*
    Dial 1172 on rotary or pulse-dialing phones.

3. When you hear the tone, set or change the Call Forwarding number by dialing the telephone number where you want your calls transferred.
    You will hear the number you entered ring. When the number is answered, Call Forwarding is activated.

4. If the call is not answered or the line is busy, hang up and call the number again within two minutes.
    You will hear two short tones telling you that Call Forwarding is activated.

5. Hang up the receiver.
Deactivating Call Forwarding Turn Call Forwarding off when you want to receive calls on your home phone.

1. Lift your telephone's receiver and listen for a dial tone.

2. Press *73.
    In some areas you must use 73#*
    Dial 1173 on rotary or pulse-dialing phones.

3. Listen for two short tones.
    Call Forwarding is now off and you will receive your calls at your home number.
0 Likes
Re: How to Activate/deactivate call forwarding on my home phone via my online account
tlam1

I've tried the *72, 72# and 1172, and all I get is a busy signal.  Am I not eligible to forward calls?

0 Likes